Those closest to me know that that 2010 was one of the most difficult years I have ever endured. In the midst of several different family calamities, I have cried enough tears to fill the ocean, but I have never lost hope of better, reconciled relationships. I believe these are the kinds of trials that make me a stronger wife, mother, daughter…woman. I am not sad to see the end of 2010, I am excited to see the beginning of a new, hopeful year.
For the first time in my life, I have seriously thought of making a New Years Resolution. I want change to permeate every day of 2011 – in every aspect of my life.
By listing my resolutions for here, I hope to be held accountable in reaching my goals.
- Spend more time with God – not just reading, but praying and meditating on His word.
- Increase time spent with family and close friends in order to deepen the relationships I cherish.
- Complete the Statesman Capitol 10K Race in March. I have already begun training, I’m just hoping my knee will survive the longer runs.
- Get back down to 140 – 150 pounds. I am giving myself one more month of documented strict exercise and diet before making the doctor’s appointment to find out why I can’t lose weight.
- Grade papers during the week so I won’t have so much to do on weekends.
I know that this may seem like a lot to take on this year, but I want this to be a year of change. With God’s grace and my determination, 2011 will be a great year.
I hope that YOUR 2011 is full of blessings and happiness.
Thanks for reading!